Login:    

useradd
more /root/Bugs/Pasting Actions Fails.thread
2010-08-22 03:58:48daz
I can ctrl+x an action, but I cannot ctrl+v it.

Likewise, there does not seem to be support for copying and pasting actions (or perhaps both of these two bugs are one and the same).
2010-08-22 04:58:23IsmAvatar
Ctrl+V is throwing an Exception:

Code
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.IllegalStateException: Not a drop
	at javax.swing.TransferHandler$TransferSupport.assureIsDrop(TransferHandler.java:321)
	at javax.swing.TransferHandler$TransferSupport.getDropLocation(TransferHandler.java:342)
	at org.lateralgm.components.ActionList$ActionTransferHandler.canImport(ActionList.java:475)
	at org.lateralgm.components.ActionList$ActionTransferHandler.importData(ActionList.java:482)

Probably because Ctrl+V is not considered a Drag & Drop "Drop" (not dragged).
I probably assumed that the method would only be entered by Drag and Drop, so I tried to use some D&D-only methods, causing it to get confused "Drop? No, this is a paste."

Will attempt to fix and keep you updated on progress in this thread.
2010-08-22 05:16:13IsmAvatar
This raises the question:
If this isn't a drop, meaning that I don't know the desired location since the mouse isn't over it, then where should the action(s) be pasted to?

You can't really say "immediately before or after the currently selected Action" because
1) There may be no action selected
2) There may be multiple non-contiguous actions selected.

I guess the logical remaining solution, then, would be to simply paste them to the end, much like how Right-clicking an action places it at the end.

Unless you have a better idea, this behavior will be implemented hopefully in the next revision.
2010-08-22 05:46:43IsmAvatar
Addressed in r451. Also implemented Copy and Paste. Also, threw in a bonus, you can now drag between selected actions, which you couldn't do before.